This is the third installment of the What is my set-up? series. This post is about my 40g breeder All-Glass, Malawi community tank. The substrate is CaribSea sand (Moonlight).
40g breeder All-Glass tank. Photo courtesy of the author.
This tank is a bit understocked. It was actually set up as sort of an emergency because I recieved extra fish with an online order I made
. If you look closely, you can see the Elongatus peeking out from below the large round rock on the left side of the tank.
- Pseudotropheus sp. “Red Top Ndumbi” x 1 adult (unsexed)
- Pseudotropheus sp. “Elongatus Chailosi” x 1 adult (unsexed)
- Hyphessobrycon anisitsi (Buenos Aires tetra) x 4 adults – albino
- Barbodes semifasciolatus (Gold Barb) x 5 adults
- Lighting – 36″ All Glass flourescent strip light
- Heater – Hagen Fluval E200
- Filtration – 1 Sicce Eko 200, 1 custom made bottle filter (Sicce Syncra 0.5 submersible pump with 32 oz. condiment bottle)
- White egg crate styrene under substrate (cut to fit)
- Marina plastic thermometer with suction cup
- Cylindrical sponge on Eko filter intake
- Various artificial plants
- River rock
- Texas Holey rock