This is part 2 of the What is my set-up? series where I describe my tanks. Today’s post is on my 55g Lake Malawi (mbuna) tank, which is glass and made by Marineland.
55g Lake Malawi tank. Photo courtesy of the author.
The substrate in this tank is all CaribSea sand (Moonlight). The dither fish are giant danios and black skirt tetras. See my previous post about dithers – What is my set-up? Pt. 1.
- Labidochromis caeruleus “Electric Yellow” x 3 adults (1 female, 2 males)
- Metriaclima estherae “Cherry Red Zebra” x 2 adults (1 female, 1 unsexed)
- Pseudotropheus sp. “Red Top Ndumbi” x 1 adult (unsexed)
- Pseudotropheus sp. “Elongatus Chailosi” x 1 adult (unsexed)
- Devario aequipinnatus (Giant danio) x 3
- Gymnocorymbus ternetzi x 4 adults (Black skirt tetra)
- Lighting – Finnex Stingray 48″ LED
- Heater – Hagen Fluval E200
- Filtration – Sicce Whale 500
- Powerhead – Zoo Med Power Sweep 226
- White egg crate styrene under substrate (cut to fit)
- Marina plastic thermometer with suction cup
- Filter Max III by Aquarium technology on filter intake
- Various artificial plants
- River rock
- Texas Holey rock